Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Static by Joel Paschall

Static is a flowing cut that is surprisingly deceptive. Smooth and fluid, several packets move and rotate off the fingers yet the deck retains it's complete original order - Static is completely false. This has been a signature cut of Joel's and looks just as impressive when done slow as it does when performed fast.


The Video-

The quality of the 1on1, as usual for theory11, was great. I could see everything that was going on as if I was there. At first the video was a bit jumpy, but like always, it was probably my computer. After that it ran perfectly smooth, and I didn't have any problems at all.

Dana and Wayne (if that's who edited this as usual!) did a wonderful job editing this. It was put together very nicely, and looked dang cool. They got all the best angles for the teaching and performance of the flourish. Good job, guys!

The Teaching/Teacher-

Joel is very quickly becoming one of my favorite theory11 artists. He has a nice personality, and just watching him perform makes you want to actually believe in magic/learn flourishing.

When Joel teaches, he goes over everything you need to know to be able to perform this, as usual.

Also, for those wondering, Joel actually teaches this... he doesn't just play it in slow motion from 2 angles with words flashing up randomly. It's a lot easier to learn than some of the Bucks' cuts. IMHO, of course.

Just because I'm new at flourishing, and haven't really learned much of it before, it'll be a while before this is smooth, but it has nothing to do with the teacher.

Difficulty-

Of course, I am in no way, shape, or form an experienced flourisher... I'm not even sure if I'd be considered to be on the skill level of a beginner! So I can't honestly judge how difficult this is. It's not extremely difficult so far, though, so I would judge it at an easy to medium difficulty flourish. But again, I don't know what other flourishes are like, so it's hard for me to judge.

If a more experienced flourisher would like to step up and give the real difficulty rating, be my guest! It will only add to the review! Thanks ahead of time!

How to Download

Click the box below :
Then follow this link :
http://rapidshare.com/files/182604514/Joel_Paschal_-_Static__1on1_.mov

No comments:

Post a Comment